Who receives assistance from Keren HaTzadik?
In addition to responding to the needs of anyone in distress, Keren HaTzadik is known as the organization that helps:
The following highlights from the past 20 years illustrate how Keren HaTzadik is “Helping All in Need” as the needs arise:
• After the expulsion from Gush Katif in 2005, Keren HaTzadik came to the aid of innumerable families who lost their homes, and it continues to support many of these families at present.
•Keren HaTzadik’s volunteers were the first to arrive on the scene to help the people of Tzfat, Haifa, Tiberius, Kiryat Shmona, Shlomi and other cities attacked by Hezbollah’s Katyusha rockets during the summer of 2006.
• Keren HaTzadik was the first organization to enter Sederot amid the falling Kassam rockets and to continue to offer material support and encouragement over these past years.
•During operation Pillar of Defense in 2012 Keren HaTzadik’s volunteers, while under fire, supplied food, toys and moral support to the families in bomb shelters. A special relationship was developed with Kibbutz Zikim.
• Keren HaTzadik procures and distributes electric and kerosene heaters to families who certifiably cannot afford them. Many of the people who received heaters from Keren HaTzadik had previously been taken to the hospital with hypothermia due to overexposure to the cold in their own homes.
• Keren HaTzadik through its Lifros Kenafayim program has provided tuition-free professional training to impoverished individuals to enable them to lift themselves out of poverty.
• Keren HaTzadik has educated the public about the importance of Chesed- Helping All in Need, through special events and its Kolel devoted to learning and teaching the Jewish way of Chesed/kindness, giving and gratitude.
The Mission of Keren HaTzadik is to provide- in the most dignified manner possible- food, heaters, material assistance, moral support and vocational assistance to economically challenged families headed by Scholars and Alumni of IDF-Hesder Yeshivot and others in need.